Saturday, April 20, 2013

Test 6 on Chapters 14, 15 and 19




  • Question 1
Ed Sloan bought a new Explorer for $22,000. He put down $7,000 and paid $290 for 60 months. The total finance charge to Ed is:
Answer:
  
$2,400

  • Question 2
Russell Ray bought a plasma television with $200 down and 60 equal monthly installments of $210. The total purchase price (cash price) of the televisions was $12,000. Russell decided to pay off the bill after the 10th payment. Russell is entitled to a rebate of: (Use the tables in the handbook)
Answer:
  
None of these

  • Question 3
Which one of the following statements is incorrect?
Answer:
  
The Truth in Lending Act regulates interest charges

  • Question 4
Amount financed is equal to:
Answer:
  
Cash price less down payment

  • Question 5
Open credit in a revolving charge plan results in:
Answer:
  
As many charge purchases till credit limit is reached

  • Question 6
The APR represents the:
Answer:
  
True effective annual rate of interest charged by seller

  • Question 7
Mia Lane bought a high definition television for $7,500. Based on her income, she could only afford to pay back $600 per month. There is 1 ½ percent monthly interest charge on the unpaid balance. The U.S. Rule is used in the calculation. At the end of month one, the balance outstanding is:
Answer:
  
None of these

  • Question 8
Bill Moore took out an $80,000 mortgage on a ski chalet. The bank charged 4 points at closing. The points in dollars cost Bill:
Answer:
  
$3,200

  • Question 9
Dick Hercher bought a home in Homewood, Illinois for $230,000. He put down 20 percent and obtained a mortgage for 25 years at 8 percent. The total interest cost of the loan is:
Answer:
  
$242,144

  • Question 10
The total cost of interest is equal to the total of all monthly payments:
Answer:
  
Less amount of mortgage

  • Question 11
Stu Reese has a $150,000 7 ½ percent mortgage. His monthly payment is $1,010.10. His first payment will reduce the principal to an outstanding balance of:
Answer:
  $149,927.40

  • Question 12
An amortization schedule shows:
Answer:
   Portion of payment broken down to interest and principal

  • Question 13
Jill Diamond bought a home for $190,000 with a down payment of $65,000. The rate of interest was 7 percent for 35 years. Her monthly mortgage payment is:
Answer:
  $798.75

  • Question 14
Craig Hammer purchased a new condominium for $225,000. The bank required a $30,000 down. Assuming a rate of 8 percent on a 25 year mortgage, Craig's monthly payment is: (Use the table in the handbook)
Answer:
   $1,505.40

  • Question 15
A tax rate of $.0711 in decimal expressed per $1,000 of assessed valuation is equal to:
Answer:
   $71.1

  • Question 16
Assessed valuation is equal to the assessment rate:
Answer:
   Times the market value

  • Question 17

In the community of Borg, the market value of a home is $190,000. If the assessment rate is 45 percent, the assessed value is:
Answer:
   $85,500

  • Question 18  
The building of Jim's Hardware is assessed at $109,000. The tax rate is $86.95 per $1,000 of assessed valuation. The tax due is:
Answer:
  
$9,477.55

  • Question 19
Sales tax is taken on:
Answer:
   Selling price less trade discount

  • Question 20
Jen Rich bought a new Toyota for $18,200 that included a 5 percent sales tax. The actual cost of the car (round to nearest dollar) before the tax is:

Answer:
   $17,333



I apologize to you all, but I do not have test 5 on chapters 12 and 13. I will post a study guide that I used instead. 


Good luck everyone on your upcoming exams and thank you for visiting my blog. 



4 comments:

  1. Now you can electronically file, or e-file, your Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT) Form 2290 for any vehicle over 55,000 pounds. Truck Tax Dues

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone, I'm Patricia Sherman in Oklahoma USA right now. I would like to share with you my experience of borrowing USD $185,000.00 to clear my bank draft and start a new business. It all started when I lost my house and I took my stuff because of the bank policy and I met some bills and some personal needs. So I became very desperate and started looking for funds in every way. Fortunately for me, a friend of mine, Linda told me about a credit company firm, I was intrigued by the fraud, but I was intrigued by my situation and had no choice but to get advice from my friend about this company. contacting them really doubted me because of my past experience with online lenders, did you know that little? '' Elegantloanfirm@hotmail.com This company has been very helpful to me and my colleague and today, thanks to this credit company, the proud owner of well-organized work and responsibilities, they smiled back at me. So if you really need to grow or start your own business, or if you really need to borrow money in any financial hardship, we recommend you find a financial development opportunity in your business today. {E-mail:} Elegantloanfirm@hotmail.com / whats-app number +393511617486.... online for credit not a victim of scam Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you looking for a loan to finance your project at the rate of 2% in return or Home loan or car loan then Mr Pedro loan offer will be good for you since they offered international loan to individual or company looking for way to expand their business or personal loan because Mr pedro and his working company helped me finance my business at the rate of 2% in return in which I will be closing my loan next year on this date, I really hope to order another loan from them because they are genuine loan company with a very good interest.
    Contact Mr Pedro loan offer on E-Mail: pedroloanss@gmail.com whatsapp: +1-863-231-0632

    ReplyDelete